An CBD pizza ? What for ? Well, simply to have fun! Pizza is by far one of the favorite dishes of the French. The proof, they are the second largest consumer in the world, behind the United States but ahead of Italy.
Good news, at a reasonable dosage, CBD pizza also presents an extremely low risk ofSide effects, except perhaps a feeling of dry mouth. So, as with any good pizza, remember to hydrate yourself by keeping a bottle of water handy.
For the rest, enjoy our homemade CBD pizza recipe !
Homemade CBD Pizza Recipe
A French person eats on average 10kg of pizza per year, against only 5kg for an Italian. That's how much we love this dish! For this homemade CBD pizza recipe, Weedy. Fr chose few ingredients, focusing on taste and simplicity of preparation!
Here is our CBD pizza recipe with buffalo mozzarella and fresh basil.
pizza dough ingredients
- 250g of wheat flour
- 10g of fresh baker's yeast
- 175g water at room temperature
- 15g olive oil
- 4g of salt
- CBD oil of your choice (for example our CBD oil 10% with hemp oil or our balance oil with CBD, CND, CBG and CBC)
- Tomato sauce
- 1 large ball of Buffalo mozzarella (or classic mozzarella for a less pronounced taste)
- Parmesan cheese
- Fresh basilic
- Cherry tomatoes
- Balsamique vinegar
For the dough:
- Knead all the ingredients except the olive oil until you get a homogeneous whole (by hand or in a pastry robot)
- Gradually add the olive oil
- Leave to rise in a warm place (20/25°C) for at least an hour and until the dough doubles in volume
Assembly and cooking:
- Roll out the dough to obtain a disk about 30cm in diameter
- Spread with tomato sauce
- Sprinkle with grated parmesan
- Bake for 15 minutes at 220 degrees (static heat)
- 5 minutes before removing from the oven, spread the cherry tomatoes cut in half over the entire surface
Out of the oven
- Place the ball of mozza di bufala in the center of the pizza
- Garnish with a few fresh basil leaves
- Sprinkle with drops of CBD oil
- Add a few drops of balsamic vinegar and a little salt to the tomatoes
Tips and tricks for a successful CBD pizza
Which hemp derivative on a pizza?
In the kitchen, almost anything is possible if you are creative! However, some hemp derivatives lend themselves better than others to the exercise:
- CBD flowers: mixed and used as an aromatic. Go on an adventure, for example, with a mortadella pizza and Pistacchio CBD or Hawaii and Pineapple CBD.
- CBD oil: all concentrations are possible, ideally after cooking (CBD oil and CBN Relax, Full Spectrum Ultimate ou Broad spectrum Essential, for example).
- CBD food: hemp honey, CBD and pistachio essential oil for a CBD goat cheese and honey pizza recipe, for example.
At what temperature should CBD be cooked?
It is no coincidence that the decarboxylation of CBD (the process of transforming the CBDA in CBD) is done at approximately 110 or 120°C. Up to 170/180°C, CBD is able to release its properties. Beyond that, they change. The cannabidiol then has less or no effect at all, which is not the objective at all!
However, a good pizza is cooked hot. Very hot. Most pizza ovens cook above 400 ° C, for just a few tens of seconds. In a domestic oven, it takes 10 to 15 minutes to 220 or 240°C. To improve the result and better cook the underside of the dough, a pizza stone is also welcome.
In any case, the temperature remains too high not to alter the properties of CBD. It is therefore not recommended to cook the CBD directly on the pizza. As far as possible, add the CBD after cooking.
I don't tolerate gluten well, how can I continue to eat pizza?
A good Italian pizza has a thin dough. It is also particularly digestible! There are several reasons for this, starting with the flour quality. THE rest time is also very important. In Italy, pizza dough is made (at least) the day before. This allows the yeast to begin its work of gluten digestion. If you have a good base in baking, it is also possible to make your sourdough pizza dough rather than baker's yeast. Wild yeasts are much more complex and their work greatly facilitates the digestion of gluten!
If you suffer from celiac disease, that will not be enough. In this case use a gluten free flour mix. A so much for so much rice flour and starch (cornflour type) works well, otherwise a commercial bread mix is perfect for an excellent gluten-free CBD pizza !
A word of warning, however: the strength of the flour (understand its high gluten content) directly influences the rising of the dough. In translation, this means that the more gluten the flour contains, the easier it is to have a well-dimpled dough. Gluten-free, it is necessarily a little more flattering and therefore also a little drier. To compensate and gain softness, you can add psyllium powder, guar gum or a bit of xanthan gum. You will gain in volume and flexibility!