Le CBD soap is a type of soap enriched with cannabidiol (CBD), often on a hemp oil base. It is becoming increasingly popular due to its ability to deeply nourish and hydrate the skin, in addition to its potential to help skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis and acne.
There are now a large number of CBD body and hair wash bars on the market, with or without soap and with various smells. It is also possible to make them yourself and it's not even that difficult! here is our CBD soap DIY recipe, to be easily done at home with little or no special equipment.
In this section:
CBD soap: DIY recipe to make at home
This CBD soap recipe gives you step-by-step instructions on how to make your own CBD soap at home. With just a few simple ingredients and a few basic precautions, create your hemp shower bar natural in record time!
Before you start: CBD soap or shower bar?
Making a "real" soap is not necessarily complicated, but presents some risks because of the corrosive materials used during saponification. Most recipes involve the use of caustic soda, which can burn skin and eyes. Quite the opposite of what you are looking for in the use and production of your own CBD soap.
However, there are so-called soap-free soaps. The formula is fun, but the end purpose fulfills the same need: cleanse the skin while lathering and smelling good.
- First advantage, a CBD shower bar does not use no caustic soda (which involves wearing gloves, a mask and protective glasses for its realization).
- Second advantage, the soap without soap is the ally of fragile skins since less drying and offering a slightly acidic pH that is closer to that of the skin.
Our CBD soap recipe therefore does not use the cold saponification technique, which makes exercising safe and easier. Whether you call it CBD soap or hemp shower bar, you will get in any case a solid solution and super effective for washing your body and hair while taking care of your skin on a daily basis!
- A silicone soap mold (a cupcake mold or a plastic yogurt pot can do the trick)
- A scarf or surgical mask (the surfactant is irritating to the bronchi)
- A spatula
- A saucepan and a bowl (bain marie)
- A sheet of baking paper
For a solid CBD soap (hair and body, yes, you can also use the fruit of this recipe as a CBD shampoo!):
- 50g of SCI surfactant (it allows the CBD soap to harden, wash and foam)
- 15g of rhassoul or other plant powder (Brahmi, Neem, nettle)
- 20g hemp oil
- 14mL of water
- 15 to 20 drops ofCBD oil of your choice
- Essential oils of your choice (optional)
Tip: you can replace the CBD oil with an isolate (CBD crystals especially pure). It must then be dissolved in the hemp oil, otherwise the cannabidiol will not be incorporated correctly into the mixture).
- Slightly heat the hemp oil in a bain-marie.
- Add the rhassoul, surfactant and water (while wearing the mask, the surfactant is abrasive).
- Mix everything to soften the surfactant until you obtain a paste of homogeneous consistency (it does not melt, so it is normal to continue to see a few small white balls). This step can take 5 to 10 minutes.
- Leave the dough to cool for a few moments (it must be lukewarm) on the sheet of baking paper. Now that the hemp soap is amalgamated, you can remove the mask.
- Place the drops of CBD oil directly on the soap paste (and possibly the essential oils).
- "Knead" by hand to mix everything evenly (for this you can fold the baking sheet over the dough to press it between the two layers and repeat the operation as necessary).
- Mold the CBD soap into the silicone mold, pressing firmly against the sides.
Then all you have to do is wait until the soap has completely cooled before unmolding it (at least two hours). After 48 hours, your CBD hemp shower bar is ready to use!
Do you want to take care of your skin without having to make all your wellness products yourself and at the best price? Discover our complete range of CBD cosmetics and in particular our moisturizer day et night, our face serums (dry skin, normal to mixed ou oily) and our Hand cream.
CBD soap: many benefits for the skin
CBD soap acts thanks to the action of CBD on the endocannabinoid system (ECS), a set of receptors disseminated throughout the body which contributes in particular to regulate skin health. CBD has, among other things, and calm skin which help reduce redness and irritation associated with certain skin conditions. It is thus increasingly used to relieve the symptoms ofacne, theeczema or Psoriasis. THE' hemp oil itself contains essential fatty acids which help to nourish and protect the skin against external aggressions (sun, cold, pollution).
So not only CBD soap can relieve itching and inflammation of the skin, but it also helps to balance the skin's natural oils and regulate sebum production. It further helps to reduce redness and irritation while offering a antioxidant protection against free radicals (anti-aging effect).