What is a grinder? DefinitionA grinder, or weed grinder, is a small, usually cylindrical, mechanically or electrically actuated object to grind the grass that it contains. Its operation is simple: two parts fitted with teeth fit together in order to be able to crumble the vegetable matter inside by a simple rotational movement. Basically, it served herbs and spices in the kitchen. It was then hijacked by cannabis smokers in order to roll more easily their seals and, above all, that grass burns more evenly. The experience as well as the effects are thus improved. Today, it invites itself into the daily lives of CBD consumers. Different models are to be distinguished.
Different models of CBD grindersThere are many models of weed grinders, more or less sophisticated and containing more or less elements. We thus find some in plastic, others in metal, glass or combining, for example, wood and aluminum. Some have a sieve (filter), others do not, are operated by hand or electrically. In short, there is something for all tastes, all uses, from all shapes and for all budgets! Most grinders, CBD specialist or not, fall into one of three categories:
- Two piece grinder (one bedroom): the simplest. They only grind grass and are both smaller and cheaper.
- Three or four piece grinder: they also contain a chamber to collect the crushed grass and sometimes a sieve to separate the pollen.
- electric grinder: with or without a pollen collector, electric grinders follow the same principle, but operate automatically, generally by simply pressing a button.
How much does a grinder cost?There are grinders for every budget, with a starting price of a few euros barely for the simplest models and luxury versions over 100€. On average, count around 50€ for a quality grinder, made from strong materials. Weedy.fr notably offers you a model of CBD grinder in black walnut and anodized aluminum alloy equipped with a pollen filter. Easy to use and durable, it ensures that you crumble your CBD flowers.
Why use a grinder?Outside the kitchen, the grinder is mainly used by smokers, both cannabis and tobacco. However, smoking is not good for your health and smoking cannabis, even legal, remains prohibited. As a CBD consumer, the grinder therefore primarily serves to grind up the weed before using it in a herbal material vaporizer. By separating the CBD flowers into small pieces, they become easier to use. CBD crumbs also provide a more uniform and less harsh vapor. As a direct consequence, the experience of vaporization and the effects produced are of higher quality. If you use CBD in the kitchen, the grinder is also a great tool for crumble your CBD flowers before infusing them, or to make a CBD tea, or to use it in the recipe of your choice (cannabis honey ou cannabutter for example).
How to use a grinder for CBD?Proper use of a CBD grinder is extremely simple:
- Load the CBD grinder, taking care to place the grass around the edges. The center serves primarily as the axis of rotation of the CBD grinder: anything in the middle will not be ground.
- Grind CBD Flower by making about 10 rotations. When the grass is fine enough, the flower pieces fall through the holes (grinder with collection chamber).
- Collect the CBD crumbs (main chamber) as well as the resin if your grinder has a filter provided for this purpose.
- Use your CBD vaporizing, infusing or cooking.