Between weather changes, ambient stress and everyday fatigue, CBD cannabis offers an all-in-one solution, combining relaxing and de-stressing effects. A bit like a comforting hot chocolate at the start of winter. Imagine CBD cookies and chocolate chips. Tempting, right? Here is something to satisfy your shameful desires with a Foolproof and 100% legal CBD cannabis cookie recipe !
How to make CBD cannabis cookies?
The cakes and the CBD get along well. The proof with different varieties rich in CBD specially developed and appreciated for their gourmet biscuit aromas, like our Cookie Kush indoor. By combining the two, it is possible to strengthen the biscuit and minty chocolate side of certain varieties of cannabis indica or sativa, and at the same time to enjoy the effects of CBD in a more pleasant and soft product for the organization than other modes of consumption.
The good news is that making CBD cannabis cookies is very easy. It suffices to make classic cookies, adding a source of CBD to the recipe. Some prefer a cannabis butter, made by melting traditional butter, then letting it infuse over low heat for a few hours. CBD cannabis crumbs, either purchased as is, or by switching to grinder your favorite variety.
This method is however long and requires the use of flowers. However, it has the advantage of infusing all the cannabinoids, terpenes and flavonoids in fat, and therefore find all the flavors of cannabis while allowingentourage effect. However, it is also possible to take advantage of it by using a CBD oil, ideally at broad or full spectrum.
Effects sought by cooking CBD
The association CBD and food is increasingly common. This was the case for a long time in Dutch coffee shops, then gradually in our kitchens. This is now also true for the pundits of French gastronomy, who are trying their hand at cooking with CBD. The great chef Philippe Conticini was the first to dare the premium CBD cake, with his cirrus offered in its Parisian boutiques during the 2020 end-of-year celebrations. On the program: lime and yuzu sabayon, pieces of Timut berry and grapefruit insert, blood orange, lemon… and CBD. Excuse the little!
Beyond surfing the wave of the very trendy cannabidiol, the French pastry chef has a modern vision of his art, and perfectly sums up the effects sought in CBD cakes :
“By integrating CBD into my baking, I first and foremost sought to exploit the herbaceous taste of this product. I found it interesting to explore these particularly intense aromatic notes of grass, and the bitterness that comes with it, to pair it all with citrus. If, moreover, one can feel, one or two hours after having tasted this cake, a feeling of well-being, appeasement and relaxation, Well fine ".
In cooking, the effects of CBD are indeed longer to appear, but also softer. They also last longer. The other ingredients also help toreduce the earthy and bitter taste that not all consumers like. Finally, pastry makes it possible to consume its CBD directly with a fatty substance, and therefore to facilitate its assimilation by the body.
CBD and chocolate cookies recipe
Ingredients for around 12 CBD cookies
- 200g of flour
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 40 g of coconut powder
- 125 g chocolate chips (dark or milk, according to your taste)
- 80 g sugar
- 1 egg
- 120g of butter at room temperature
- 20 mg of CBD (weight depending on the concentration of your oil full spectrum) - Only if the butter is not infused!
Easy CBD Cannabis Cookie Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 160 ° C, over traditional heat
- Mix the sugar and the egg until you obtain a light emulsion
- Add all the other dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, chocolate, coconut powder)
- Integrate the butter (and possibly CBD oil) by kneading directly by hand
- Mix until you obtain a compact and uniform paste
- Form a dozen cookie dough balls and lightly press on them with the palm of your hand
- Place the CBD cookies on a baking sheet lined with baking paper
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes (the cookies should be golden, but still soft)
Variations for CBD cookie recipes according to taste
To vary the pleasures, but also to best stick to the variety of legal cannabis that you have chosen for your cannabidiol cookies, here are some variations. To adapt and repeat at will:
- Add shelled nuts (walnuts, hazelnuts, cashews or macadamia)
- Incorporate a little musli into the dough for a high fiber recipe
- Add a tablespoon of bitter cocoa to the batter for a all chocolate version
- Replace the grated coconut with almond or hazelnut powder
Precautions to take before cooking and eating light cannabis
In the presence of excessive heat, cannabinoids and terpenes gradually lose their properties, and therefore their taste and effects. If your cookies are not sufficiently baked, it is therefore better to leave them a little longer in the oven than to increase the temperature. Generally speaking, it is not recommended to exceed 170 degrees.
Also keep in mind that the effects of CBD appear slower when you ingest cannabis (at least an hour, against just a few minutes in case of inhalation). If you don't feel any effect, be patient and do not chain cookies at top speed!